The promos of 7 Khoon Maaf have hit the small screen, and Priyanka Chopra is clearly the star of the movie—as a woman (Susanna) who apparently kills her seven husbands over 35 years. And with every new husband, Priyanka dons a distinct look.
The movie has a charming old world look, though with a sinister undercurrent, and Priyanka Chopra’s various looks gel perfectly well with this production setup.
Some of Priyanka Chopra’s looks in 7 Khoon Maaf:
- With Neil Nitin Mukesh, Priyanka wears an old-fashioned dress, accessorised with small earrings and a cross on her neck. Her hair is pulled back with net fabric used as a hairband with short bangs on her forehead.
- As Irrfan Khan’s Muslim wife, Priyanka Chopra dresses modestly, head covered with a coloured, lace-bordered dupatta.
- With Aleksandr Dyachenko, Priyanka glams it up with curls, lots of makeup (like red lipstick), and long-sleeved blouse that seem to indicate the 1930s or 40s.
- When paired opposite Annu Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra is dowdy and old, with dull-coloured dress, nude makeup and spectacles down her nose.
- Besides these, you can see Priyanka is some timeless looks. For instance, she wears loose tops with John Abraham, and a rich brown long-sleeved jacket/ shirt on a rocking hair. Her hair is left casually open, and a statement necklace with turquoise stone adds the only colour to the otherwise gloomy shot.
While Payal Saluja is the costume designer, we must make special mention of the makeup artistes Danielle Lyn Saunders and Todd Tucker, who have given the actors makeovers of sorts. (Neil Nitin Mukesh is almost unrecognisable, yet dashing, as major Rodriques).
Watch the 7 Khoon Maaf trailer, and tell us which look of Priyanka Chopra you like the most.