A richly-embroidered jacket for weddings has been on my wish list for a very long time now. And after thinking about it over and over again, I think it’s the right time to buy one. 🙂
Embroidered jackets look elegant and sophisticated, and are ideal for traditional gatherings such as the sangeet. I’ve seen some women wearing such jackets at weddings too.
Left: Rohit Bal jacket; Right: mapxencaRS by Riddhi & Siddhi
How to wear embroidered jackets:
- Make the exquisite jacket the focal point of your look. Wear your jacket with a simple kurta and churidar in the same or contrasting colour.
- Or go casual with a comfortable camisole and tight pants/ knit leggings/ churidar.
- Experiment with your silhouette by pairing your jacket with loose pants, lehenga or skirt.
- If you’re petite, add on a pair of high heels (no wedges, please). Stilettos, pointy toes, and peep toes would bring a touch of class and grace to your look.
- Keep the jewellery subtle and minimal (you want people to look at your jacket, right?)
- Walk tall!
Would you like to add an embroidered jacket to your wardrobe?
Wedding picks: Top sari and lehenga trends
Wedding Fashion: Saris dipped in gold