After Aishwarya Rai Bachchan travelled in a time machine back to the 1970s in Action Replayy, this weekend she seems to be stepping back in time again in her latest film Guzaarish. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan plays Sofia, a nurse to paraplegic magician Ethan (Hrithik Roshan).
Though based in current times, the Guzaarish trailer reflects director Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s old-world inclinations. He’s brought in history wherever possible: there’s a lots of old Goa, ornate and carved wooden furniture, even a vintage car, and of course, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s costumes.
Designed by Sabyasachi, Aishwarya’s clothes are understated, yet rich, typical of the Bengali designer.
We bring you some highlights from Aishwarya’s wardrobe, as seen in the Guzaarish stills. (So you know what to look out for during the movie, since Hrithik won’t be dancing much).
- The actor is wearing low-neck blouse with long sleeves (very Victorian) in maroons and indigos and other such colours in deep tones.
- The blouses are paired with floor-length, full skirts.
- Sabyasachi has done some layering with net/ lace (such as on the skirt and sleeves).
- The Indian touches to the wardrobe are the prints.
- Even though Aishwarya is wearing minimum accessories, the few she does wear have a boho-chic/ gypsy vibe.
- Aishwarya’s wearing plain head scarves in several scenes.
- Her makeup is simple: hair pulled back with a centre parting, hint of curls, and dark matte lipstick or nude lips.
What do you think of Aishwarya’s look in Guzaarish?