If you’re as excited as I am about the race at BIC tomorrow, you will either be at the circuit, glued to your TV set, or chilling at a sports bar with friends. Either ways, you gotta dress for the part of a Formula One fan!
So here are my top fashion tips for race day.
What NOT to wear
- Your favourite LBD (the race is the afternoon, and it’s in Noida not Paris!)
- The office shirt- it’s the weekend, it’s a sporting event, and you gotta chill. 🙂
- Casual shorts- The race is usually attended by the who’s who, and “beautiful people” from across India and the world. So keep your beach bermudas for your next Goa trip, please.
- Rock star tee- The Metallica tshirt, really? After last year’s debacle?
- Tottering heels- Those are for the after party, dahling!
What you could wear
- Your favourite team or driver tshirt, paired with chinos or jeans (skinny ones for women). Or this classy Delhi Formula 1 polo from Lecoanet Hemant. It’s got the route map traced on it and will take you to the next season as well.
- Accessorise with sensible shoes (loafers, moccasins, slip-ons) and sunglasses to beat the mid-afternoon sun. Fendi or Fastrack- it’s your choice!