In our previous post on the plaid trend, we promised to show you how to wear checks and plaid. Here are some handy tips.
Checks for girls
- Check shirt with a boyfriend jacket: great for a formal event
- Short checkered dress for the day
- Plaid skirts or long check shirts with plain or bold leggings
- Checkered shirts with simple cardigan when it’s cold.
Checks for guys
- Checkered trousers in basic colours with tee: for the fashion forward
- Check shirts with khakis to keep it casual
- Checks with corduroy for colder weather
- Checkered blazer with plain tshirt
- Check shirt with jeans and sneakers are just right for college.
- Pair checks with a neutral garment
- Plaid + boots = winter sexy! (but don’t overdo it)
- Wear checkered trousers or jackets in black, white and neutrals to office and meetings.
Where to buy checks
Esprit and edc by Esprit both have checkered collections this season for guys and girls. Girls can also visit Chemistry for plaid shirts and short dresses.
Which plaid or check garment is on your wishlist this winter? Tell us!